Known for fun and excitement, this city in the desert serves up all kinds of possibilities for travelers. The Strip, Las Vegas’ famous resort-lined street, sparkles with lights and recreated glamorous sites from cities...Read More
- Covid: Australian Open players frustrated by hotel isolationDozens of top players are confined to hotel rooms, as people on three flights to the event test positive.
- Indonesia earthquake: Heavy rain hampers search for survivorsThe death toll has now risen to 73 following the powerful tremor on Sulawesi island on Friday.
- Afghanistan conflict: Female judges shot dead in KabulThe two women were killed on their way to work, amid a upsurge in violence and a US troop drawdown.
- Uganda election: Bobi Wine 'fearful for life' after Museveni winThe main opposition candidate rejects the result that saw President Museveni win a sixth term.
- Biden inauguration: Executive orders to reverse Trump policiesThe new president will repeal Trump travel bans and re-join the Paris climate accord after being sworn in.
- Russia Navalny: Poisoned opposition leader due to fly homeThe opposition leader has been recovering in Germany, but expects arrest when he lands in Moscow.
- SLS: Nasa's 'megarocket' engine test ends earlyA critical engine test for Nasa's new "megarocket" - the Space Launch System (SLS) - ends early.
- Dr Dre: Rap legend returns home after brain aneurysmIn a tweet, fellow rapper Ice-T said he had spoken to Dr Dre, who was "safe and looking good".
- Biden inauguration: All 50 US states on alert for armed protestsNational Guard troops from across the country descend on Washington DC amid tightened security.
- Airline industry needs up to another $80bn to survive pandemicThe world's airlines need another $70-$80bn of government aid to get through the pandemic, the industry says.