30 Days to midsommer. Enjoy!
- 6 slices of white English bread crust cut off
- 200 ml prawn salad (use your favourite or mix together peeled prawns, dill, chopped chives, lemon, mayo, creme fraiche, salt, pepper – to taste)
- a tub of good quality prawns
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 1 cucumber
- fresh dill
- fresh chives
- a tub of mayonnaise
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1. Butter the bread on one side. Please two sides side by side and top with as much Skagenröra mixture as you feel is needed (you may not need it all). Add two slices of bread on top.
- 2. Mash the eggs and mix with a little bit of mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Add to the top of the bread. Add the last two slices of bread.
- 3. Using a pallet knife, add a thin layer of mayonnaise all around the sandwich cake. This will help the other toppings stick.
- 1. We like using nice slices of salmon on the top of the sandwich cake. Try to arrange in a nice pattern and let it overhang slightly on the sides to avoid blunt corners.
- 2. Using a cheese slicer or mandolin, cut long pieces of cucumber and use to decorate the sides. If you need a bit more mayonnaise to make it stick, well, so be it.
- 3. Once the sides are looking neat, you can decorate the top. This is the bit where you’re likely to overdo it. We tend to simply add some Skagenrora on top and then add loads of prawns and simply decorate with sprigs of dill.
- 4. When done, refrigerate before eating.