1. Shell the prawns and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Keep them cold until required. (If using shelled prawns, drain them thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen towel.)
2. Mix the mayonnaise, gräddfil or soured cream, brandy (or freshly grated horseradish as shown above), chopped dill, salt and freshly ground white pepper. Keep the mixture cold until required.
3. Ten minutes or so before serving, melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the bread slices and fry until golden brown on both sides.
4. Just before serving, add some of the sauce to the prawns (shrimps) until you have a nice consistency (you might not need it all).
5. Serve the prawn (shrimp) mixture piled on top of the fried bread and garnish with a dollop of caviar (roe), a sprig of dill and a lemon wedge.