- 1 kg Mutton or Lamb (Shoulder or Neck), bone-in, cut into rough pieces
- 1 large rutabaga (Swede), chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 6 waxy potatoes, chopped1 onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place meat in a large soup pot, such as a 6-quart dutch oven, and cover with cool water.
- Slowly bring the meat and water to a boil and then reduce the heat to very low.
- Simmer the meat for about an hour, until it’s very tender. Skim away any surface scum (if necessary).
- Add the chopped vegetables and simmer until they’re tender, about 20 more minutes.
- Serve Kjötsúpa hot.